2017 Graduation Information
June 9-11, 2017
Schedule of Events
Friday Evening- June 9, 2017
Focus on Graduates Vesper Service
Loma Linda University Church
For graduates, friends and families are invited to attend.
This service is open to all religious faiths.
Dress: Casual Church
Saturday Morning- June 10, 2017
Baccalaureate Church Service
9:00 am (Allied Health First service only)
For graduates, friends and families are invited to attend. This service is open to all religious faiths.
Loma Linda University Church.
If graduates need help gowning, please arrive at 8:00 am.
Please note: Flowers or Leis are NOT allowed to be worn or carried for Baccalaureate Service in the church due to possible carpet staining. It is also requested that graduates do not wear decorated hats during the Baccalaureate Service. They are allowed for the Commencement ceremonies on Sunday.
Sunday Morning June 11, 2017
Two ceremonies are conducted for the School of Allied Health Professions to provide ample space for family and friends. No passes or tickets required for entry. There are multiple graduation ceremonies scheduled all day at the Drayson Center. Seating is first come first serve.
Commencement Times for 2017
8:00 am Graduation 1- For Allied Health Programs (except PT, OT, O&P graduates)
10:30 am Graduation 2- For PT, OT, O&P Graduates
SAHP graduates please plan to arrive early as instructed for gowning and group photos. SAHP Staff will be available to help you with your regalia. We do provide velcro and bobby pins.
The ceremonies take place in the Drayson Center on the campus of Loma Linda University.
There may be additional program specific ceremonies scheduled such as pinnings and dedications for families and friends of our graduates. Graduates will be notified of these events or contact the departments for more information.
School of Allied Health Professions
LLU Graduation Resources
SAHP Graduate Information
- LLU Commencement Conduct and Protocols
- Regalia (caps, gowns, hoods, and tassels) may be picked up one week before commencement in your respective departments. Contact your department secretary for further information when gowns will be ready.
- If you are graduating with honors, you will need to pick up your cords from your department. Contact your department if you have further questions.
- Please open all of your graduation regalia packets ahead of time and put the gown in the dryer on a low setting to remove wrinkles. If ironing, use low setting in order not to burn or scorch your gown. Please make sure you bring all regalia with you to your ceremony.
- SAHP staff will be available before the ceremony to help graduates help with gowning. Hair pins, Velcro, and safety pins are provided. Be sure you bring with you ALL regalia including your black gown, tassel, hat, and colored hood.
- Regalia is provided as part of your student fees. Refunds cannot be granted for no-shows.
- Plan to bring only what you intend on carrying up front with you. Personal belongings should be given to family members for safe keeping before you enter the gowning area.
- Since this day is to honor you as a graduate we request that you do not plan to or bring anything up front on stage with you that will take additional time away from the ceremony. This includes family, children, pets or taking selfies. A photo will be taken by a photographer when you receive your diploma.
- Since this may be the last time your class is together we recommend you arrive early. Some programs may have group photos scheduled before the ceremony, Please be present at your designated time so we can keep to our schedule. We will not be able to wait for graduates who are late.
- Lastly, Congratulations on completing your degree. We are proud of each one of you.
Tips for family and friends
- LLU Commencement Conduct and Protocols
- Graduation wouldn't be as special without family and friends in attendance. The School of Allied Health Professions holds two graduations in order to accommodate your friends and family. Seating is open and on a first come first served basis.
- Please note: There are other graduations after each commencement ceremony. Spectators who arrive early may be asked to wait outside until the previous ceremony is completed.
- Up close parking is limited to Drayson Center for the SAHP graduation ceremonies. A handicapped parking lot is available. Your handicap placard must be displayed to park in the lot. There are several graduations that are back to back in Drayson Center. Drop off and shuttle service to other local lots is available at the Drayson Center.
- There are additional ceremonies following the PT graduation. Graduates and families are encouraged to mingle outside of the auditorium (pool area) afterward for photos and congratulations.
- Flowers and leis are special tokens of a graduates accomplishments and are welcomed at our commencement ceremony. They are restricted to be worn during our church ceremony.
- Since graduation is a solemn occasion the use of loud noise makers including air horns and megaphones are not allowed. This can be disturbing to some in an indoor setting.
- Local area restaurants and hotels may be busy or booked to capacity for this weekend. Make reservations or call ahead of time.
- You may experience traffic delays and limited parking around town and especially around Drayson Center at the event. Plan for extra time.
- Loma Linda University prohibits the use of alcoholic beverages and tobacco on its campus.
- Each ceremony is Live streamed which may be viewed or downloaded during the ceremony or watched through the LLU Mobile App.
Can't make it to Graduation? Join us online!
You can also view online through LLBN.org
Contact us if you have questions regarding the SAHP graduation experience.