Prerequisites - DMS
Applicants must hold one of the following degrees before entering the program:
- Any Associate's degree (Science area preferred) from an accredited higher education institution
- Any Bachelor's degree (Science area preferred) from an accredited higher education institution.
- Be a graduate of an accredited allied health program, including nursing (two-year, LVN, registered nurse)
- Anatomy and Physiology, two-part sequence with labs (AHCJ 250 and AHCJ 251 available at LLU as an evening class).
- Medical Terminology (can be taken as an online class at another accredited junior college)
- Intro to Physics
- College Algebra. Can have a higher level class, such as Calculus.
- Patient Care Methods (can be taken before entering the program at LLU the Summer prior to starting the program.)
- For Cardiac Track- BART course through ABC Educators (or an approved equiv. course. Contact Timhabc@aol.com. Contact the department if you have questions regarding this requirement.
- Complete 8 hours of observation (volunteer/employee) in a Sonography Department.
- CPR- Students are required to have a current Health Care Provider CPR Card offered by the American Heart Association upon admission into the program. Students must maintain certification for the entire length of the program. (available at LLU as a day class)
All prerequisites must be completed by June of the same year that you plan to start the program.
All required course prerequisites must be completed in the last five years.
Anatomy and Physiology, and Physics courses are offered through the School of Allied Health Professions Basic Sciences department. CPR is offered through the Life Support Education Department
All two tracks of Sonography begin in mid-September of each year.