Imaging Informatics (Online) - Certificate
The Imaging Imformatics Certificate provides the radiologic technologist with skills necessary to functions as a PACS (Picture Archival Communications System) administrator. The Program focus is on: Informatics technologies, PACS planning and implementation, administrative issues, and the management of PACS systems.
Applications are accepted between January 1 and August 1 with the program starting in each fall quarter.
- Certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (AART) in Diagnostic Radiography
- Copy of current state and national license/certification
- Official transcripts for all college work
- 3 letters or reference
- 1 page essay describing personal and professional skills and accomplishments, interests, career goals, and how the Imaging Informatics program will help achieve them
- Phone Interview (to be scheduled after application has been submitted.)
- The applicants recommendations, interview and work experience are considered in the admissions screening process.
- Up to date vaccinations
RTII 354 Introduction to Informatics -3 units
RTII 368 Communication and Edu in Informatics -3 units
RTII 364 Administrative Issues in Informatics- 3 units
RTII 378 Systems Management in Informatics- 3 units
RTII 384 Advance Imaging Informatics- 3 units
RTII 374 Image Management- 3 units
RTII 356 Information Technology in Radiology - 3 units
RTII 358 PACS Planning and Implementation - 3 units
Total number of units- 24 units
The program consists of eight 3-unit courses totaling 24 units. Students will utilize text, video, and other interactive online resources to optimize the online environment through the Canvas delivery system.
The student should be prepared to be responsible for all tuition fees, living expenses, and transportation costs.