The School of Allied Health Professions encourages its students, employees and alumni to participate in service to others. Whether it is sharing your professional skills & expertise, providing support, making a donation, or rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty, we applaud your efforts.
Operation service are local volunteer events open to all Allied Health Students, Faculty and Staff, and Alumni where we work as a team on service projects local to our University. Our latest event was providing assistance at a local food bank in the nearby city of San Bernardino.
During the holidays, Allied Health employees sponsor an Angel tree from the Salvation Army which will benefit local kids in the Inland Empire area. Last year, over 100 kids benefited from the holiday effort. This project has been ongoing for more than 10 years and has helped hundreds of kids.
Many employees also give through personal and professional projects both locally and globally. Faculty, staff and administrators travel worldwide to provide their expertise in healthcare. The Allied Health school also hosts many International Allied Health student groups each year giving International Students new perspectives and exposing them to different techniques and practices we utilize in the United States. Its a time where Loma Linda University Students can interact with students from different countries and share ideas.
Students are encouraged to help out locally through various organizations throughout the year and many of our programs incorporate community service or service learning projects into their curriculum. Many programs also incorporate a Portfolio project where students must participate in service learning.
The school also helps facilitate a Mission Trip each year where students represent Loma Linda University. The Interdisciplinary Mission trip welcomes students and faculty and staff from various programs to travel together and provide assistance in other countries. Recent groups have traveled to Haiti and also Honduras.
We encourage you to join us and make a difference in your own community!
Ways to help…
• Donate to a charitable organization that benefits those in need
• Invite a college student, elderly neighbor or someone who lives alone to join your celebration
• Deliver a meal or food to a family in need
• Donate clothes or household items to help others
• Donate to a local homeless shelter or food bank
• Volunteer your skills to better your community
• Send a care package to a deployed service member
• Donate a bag of pet food; foster or adopt pet from an animal shelter
• Join a group that does community service projects
• Do something nice for a total stranger
• Be willing to lend a hand to make a difference
"We must become the change we want to see in the world." Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi