Interdisciplinary Mission Trips
OPERATION SERVICE HONDURAS 2015
Our Latest Annual SAHP Interdisciplinary Mission Trip was June 15-25, 2015 to Honduras.
We provided Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy assessment and training. The X-ray tech students will also be visiting a local X-ray clinic to see how it's done in Honduras. Additionally, we conducted a week of spiritual renewal, leadership training, and kids activities.
Loma Linda University School of Allied Health Professions has stepped up its involvement in Haiti immediately post quake and continues to play a critical role not only in the recovery but in making the country even better than it was before and providing education to Haitians who will contribute back into their own society.
LLU's relationship with Haiti dates back to Hospital Adventiste's affiliation beginning in 2001, with Adventist Health International- a nonprofit based at LLU that partners with health care facilities in developing countries to improve services.
Since the earthquake, LLU has helped stabilize and upgrade the hospital, coordinated some 2,000 volunteers and temporarily operated a refugee camp on the grounds of the Adventist University.
Where we have Served
2015 Mission Trips
- SAHP Interdisciplinary Mission Trip Operation Service Honduras - Aug 2015 Interviews
- SAHP Interdisciplinary Mission Trip - August 2015...Operation Service: Honduras...experience video
2014 Mission Trips
- SAHP PT program...to Haiti in 2014
2013 Mission Trips
2012 Mission Trips
- Haiti Rehab Tech Program article (SAHP Faculty & Staff) (PDF- The Today, Page 6)
- Haiti Orphanage Projects video (PT, PA, and Rad Tech Students) (New)
- Haiti Wellness- Des Dunnes (Legacy International and several students from PA Class of 2013)
If you want to help with the LLU Mission in Haiti, You may contribute by making a donation.