Students meet the following Program Learning Outcomes:
- Clinically-Based Research: students will conduct clinical research
Students demonstrate skill in selecting appropriate tools and conducting evaluations with diverse populations and across the lifespan.
- Disseminate Research Information: students will disseminate research findings to the community Students demonstrate interaction and personal qualities consistent with the standards of the profession.
- Applied knowledge: Demonstrate specialized knowledge in speech-language pathology
- Applied knowledge: Demonstrate knowledge in disciplines outside the field of speech-language pathology
- Applied knowledge: Integration of Evidence-Based Practices
Program Curriculum – Doctoral Coursework
Students will spend just over 2 years in the program, taking 2 classes a quarter for 9 quarters. The program is designed to permit students to extend the program if needed to complete their capstone project..
In the research domain, students are given the necessary background and support to complete an independent research project in speech-language pathology. The process includes working with your Faculty Research Mentor to obtain IRB approval, implement the project, and submit the results for publication in a scholarly journal prior to completion of the program.
In the content domain, students obtain expertise in some of the most complex topics in the field. The doctoral seminars in speech-language pathology are designed to provide clinicians with increased depth of knowledge that is evidence-based.
Domain 1. Research
SLPD 600 Components of Critical Inquiry (3)
SLPD 610 Capstone: IRB Proposal (4)
SLPD 621 Capstone Planning (3)
SLPD 622 Capstone Proposal (2)
SLPD 623 Capstone II (3)
SLPD 624 Capstone III (4)
SLPD 625 Capstone IV (4)
Domain 2. Content
AHCJ 541 Managing Stress (3)
RELX Religion Elective 1 (3)
RELX Religion Elective 2 (3)
SLPD 550 Advanced Seminar in Neuroanatomy (3)
SLPD 570 Special Topics in SLP (3) – taken three times in different clinical areas
SLPD 580 Clinical Issues in SLP (2)
SLPD 590 Dissemination of Research (2)
AHCJ 555 Writing for Health Care Professionals (3)