Students are encouraged to apply who meet the requirements below. Admissions deadline is currently June 1.
Doctorate in Speech-Language Pathology Program Requirements
- Master’s degree in speech-language pathology from an accredited institution and six months of professional practice
- Minimum GPA of 3.3
- Current clinical certification (CCC’s) and state licensure to practice speech-language pathology
- Completed online application
- Nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Three letters of reference
- 2-3 page written statement describing your research interests (and experience, if any), your professional experience/accomplishments, why you want to pursue a Doctorate in Speech-Language Pathology, and why you want to attend Loma Linda University. If you have a particular faculty mentor in mind, you should mention it here as well.
The strongest applicants will be contacted for an online interview. Final decisions will be made after the interview based on strength of the candidate and the availability of an appropriate faculty mentor (students are highly encouraged to look at the Faculty Mentors page to help inform their written statement).
State Regulations for Online Programs
Note that due to legal restrictions created by some state governments, only students from certain states are eligible for the program. Please refer to Loma Linda University's Information page for online distance education programs for a current list of which states are eligible.
How to apply
Refer to our school's admissions page to apply online and for further admissions information.