Laura Evans, MA, JD
Assistant Clinical Professor
Laura Evans is the Assistant Program Director for the Bachelors of Science in Healthcare Administration program. She teaches a number of classes in the program. She also mentors students with their Signature Projects and assists with student recruitment, marketing, and other program administration.
Prior to serving as faculty for the program, Laura worked full-time as an attorney. Her legal practice focused on Intellectual Property litigation where she represented clients in a variety of fields including medical device manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, and many hardware and software IT companies. She also has experience with licensing and transactions. Prior to her legal career, Laura worked in the fields of education and non-profit advocacy. Laura's work experiences have provided her with expertise in communications, negotiation, strategy, marketing, and data analysis.
Laura speaks English and Spanish and has traveled extensively.
- J.D., Berkeley School of Law
- M.A., International Development Studies, The George Washington University
- B.A., Chemistry, Walla Walla University
- Honored with the Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Legal Services by the State Bar of California, 2013
- Named to the 2013 and 2014 "Rising Stars" lists in intellectual property litigation published by Super Lawyers magazine
- Co-author with A. Greene, "Why Diversity Is Essential in an Economic Downturn," Diversity Journal, 2012
- "Monitoring Technology in the American Workplace: Would Adopting English Privacy Standards Better Balance Employee Privacy and Productivity?" 95 California Law Review 1115, 2007
- "Limiting Virtual Representation in Headwaters Inc. v. United States Forest Service: Lost (Opportunity) in the Oregon Woods?" 33 Ecology Law Quarterly 725, 2006