Ryan E. Stephan, MAM, RHIA, CCS
Ryan Stephan is an assistant professor for the Department of Health Informatics and Information Management at Loma Linda University. Ryan serves as the program director of the Coding Specialist certificate program and teaches several courses in the Bachelor of Science in Health Information Administration and Master of Science in Health Informatics programs, as well as Financial Management for the Bachelor of Science in Health-Care Administration (BSHA) program.
Ryan has worked for Loma Linda University since 2008 and became a full-time faculty member in 2015. He holds the Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) and Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credentials and has also become certified in Epic’s electronic health record (EHR) system for inpatient clinical documentation. Currently, Ryan is completing his Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) at California Baptist University. Ryan values both his role at the university, as it has afforded him the opportunity to serve others, which remains a significant aspect of his personal mission.
- DBA(c), California Baptist University
- MA, Management, University of Redlands
- BS, Health Information Administration, Loma Linda University
- November 2016, Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- May 2015, EpicCare Inpatient Clinical Documentation Certification
- June 2014, Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)