Ryan E. Stephan, MA, RHIA, CCS
Assistant Clinical Professor, Assistant Professor
Ryan Stephan is an assistant professor for Loma Linda University, teaching Financial Management for the Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration (BSHCA) program. In addition to teaching in the BSHCA, Ryan teaches several courses in the Bachelor of Science in Health Information Administration and Master of Science in Health Informatics programs. He also serves as the program director for the Coding Specialist certificate program in the Department of Health Informatics and Information Management.
Ryan has worked for Loma Linda University since 2008 and became a full-time faculty member as of 2015. He holds the Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) and Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credentials and has also become certified in Epic’s EHR system for inpatient clinical documentation. Ryan values both his teaching and administrative roles at the university, as it has afforded him the opportunity to serve others, which remains a significant aspect of his personal mission.
- MA, Management, University of Redlands
- BS, Health Information Administration, Loma Linda University
- November 2016, Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- May 2015, EpicCare Inpatient Clinical Documentation Certification
- June 2014, Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)