Timothy Seavey, Ed.D., M.A.M., R.T.(R)(CT) (ARRT)
Associate Chair/Assistant Professor/Program Director
Timothy Seavey is a full-time Assistant Professor in the Department of Radiation Technology where he has worked since the summer of 2008. He is the Program Director for the Bachelor of Science in Radiation Sciences program and the General Education Coordinator for the University. In 2013, he became the Associate Chair for the Department of Radiation Technology, where he assists with budgeting, strategic planning, and program development.
Timothy has experience using multiple learning management systems and was a representative for faculty on the selection team that brought Canvas to Loma Linda University. In addition to his academic career, he has over a decade of acute care and management experience as a licensed radiographer and computed tomography technologist.
His core principles include servant leadership, building affordances, and designing communities of practice around online instructional design principles. Timothy’s passion is creating the best learning environment for students. He enjoys assisting students in figuring out how to match their educational goals with their career aspirations.
- Ed.D., Learning Technologies, Pepperdine University, 2020
- M.A., Management, University of Redlands, 2010
- B.S., Radiation Sciences, Loma Linda University, 2007
- A.S., Medical Radiography, Loma Linda University, 2006
- Program for Educators in the Health Professions, Harvard Macy Institute (2014)
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Computed Tomography
- California State Certified Radiologic Technologist
- California State Fluoroscopic Permit