William Edmunds, M.Ed, RT(R)
Program Director, Associate of Sciences in Medical Radiography (ASMR)
Will Edmunds is a full-time Assistant Professor in the Department of Radiation Technology, where he has worked since 2009. He is the Program Director of the A.S. in Medical Radiography Program.
Will started his career at Loma Linda as a student in the Associate of Medical Radiography program in 2006, from which he graduated in 2008. He worked as an x-ray technologist full time at LLUMC while contract teaching for the department until transitioning to full time faculty in 2013. He still works per-diem one day a week as a radiographer at the LLUH Surgical Hospital. He also serves on several school and university committees.
Along with other SAHP faculty, he took part in several trips to Saudi Arabia to help with multiple cohorts of radiography students at King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center. He also was a part of a mission trip to Belize in 2013 with other faculty and students from multiple disciplines within the SAHP.
Will has been a director-at-large on the board on the California Society of Radiologic Technologists (CSRT) since 2017 and will serve as the president for the 2020-2021 term.
- 2021: Ed.D. (c), Organizational Leadership, Concordia University-Chicago
- 2013: M.A., Education: Higher Education, University of Redlands
- 2011: Post Baccalaureate Certificate, Distance Education, Pennsylvania State University
- 2008: A.S., Medical Radiography, Loma Linda University
- 2000: B.S., Electrical Engineering, California State University-Chico
- Certified Radiologic Technologist/Diagnostic Radiologic Technology
- Certified Radiologic Technologist/Fluoroscopy
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (R) (ARRT)
Publications and Presentations
- Alipoon, L., Edmunds, W. (2014, March). Transformative Learning through Service. Poster session presented at the Faculty Showcase, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA
- Edmunds, W., Alipoon, L. (2014, October/November). Radiography Goes Digital in Belize. ASRT Scanner, 47 (1), 20.
- Poster Presentation at ACERT annual educators’ conference
Student- and Faculty-Reported Methods for Student Engagement
with Kate Cockrill and Laura Alipoon (2018)
- Edmunds, W. (2018, Spring). Academic Integrity in the Digital World. CSRT Technigram, 17-18.
- Presentation CSRT Spring Seminar Northridge, CA “The Role of the FPD C-Arm in Today’s Fluoroscopy Techniques” (2019)
- Edmunds, W. (2019, Summer). Update on State of California Online Renewal of Certification, 19
- Edmunds, W. (2019, Summer). A Different Type of Marker: Hunters Point Naval Shipyard Survey, 20-21
- Presentation at CSRT Annual Conference Los Angeles, CA “Digital Imaging: Optimizing Each Exam for Each Patient” (2019)
Phone: (909) 558-4931, Ext. 81781