To be eligible for admission, the applicant must have:
- Minimum GPA of 3.4
- An earned Bachelor degree from a regionally accredited college/university plus completion of of our core prerequisites. See Below
- International students must provide a TOEFL exam score of 550 or higher to be eligible.
The Department has three deadlines by which to submit your application through the PTCAS Service.
Our recommended deadline is October 1 and our final deadline is December 1. Due to the number of applicants, the potential for acceptance drops if you do not apply by October 1.
Your Secondary application must be submitted by December 30th to be considered for the DPT program.
The Admissions process is a selective process. Criteria used include: GPA, completion of subject requirements, interview, recommendations, and work experience.
Those applying to the Entry-level Doctor of Physical Therapy program must apply through the PTCAS Service.
- Applicants to the entry-level DPT program may be accepted based on the verified application received from PTCAS.
- If the accepted applicant chooses to attend Loma Linda University, official transcripts must be received prior to the individual registering for the first term.
- Official college transcripts must be requested to be sent to us directly from ANY and ALL colleges you have attended. If you have difficulty in having your institution send your transcript directly to us, please contact us.
- Official transcripts MAY NOT be hand-delivered or sent in by the student but must be sent directly from previous educational institutions. Hand-carried or sealed transcripts that are sent along with other application materials are not considered official copies even if the seal is unbroken.
All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by one of these four evaluation centers and sent directly to us from the service you choose. Transcripts from other services are not accepted at Loma Linda University. This process may take several weeks to complete. Please apply as early as possible. SAHP applications cannot be considered without these evaluations.
A TOEFL score of 550 (213 if computer generated) is required for globally educated or international students who have taken credits outside the US. Students who have scored below 550 will need to retest and meet the minimum score before they are eligible.