Aieshea Banks, M.A., CCC-SLP
Professor Aieshea Banks is a full-time faculty member and the Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (SLPA) Coordinator for the Communication Sciences and Disorders Department; a position she has held since December 2014. She began her career as a clinical speech language pathologist in 2003. Her clinical background includes pediatrics through young adult in educational settings, in-home early intervention, and private practice. She is currently pursuing her PhD in Rehabilitation Science with an expected graduation date of 2021. Her research study will focus on examining the social communication skills of young adults with autism.
As the SLPA Coordinator, Professor Banks has developed the curriculum and is the instructor for the SLPA Preparation Program offered to non-degree students seeking fieldwork experience required for SLPA licensure. She has instructed undergraduate students in the Clinical Methods in Speech Language Pathology course. With a passion for social communication and communication disorders related to autism spectrum disorders (ASD), she provides clinical supervision to graduate students completing practicum hours in our Communication Clinic for Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Professor Banks enjoys providing support to the department in a variety of capacities. She presents professional related issues to graduate students in our portfolio program on topics such as Stress Management and Professional Ethics. She is also the committee chair for the Diversity Recruitment and Mentoring Program (DRMP) which presents the field of Speech-Language Pathology to high school students of diverse backgrounds within the Inland Empire and Los Angeles county. Professor Banks is a member of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), the California Speech-Language-Hearing Association (CSHA), and the National Black Association for Speech-Language and Hearing (NBASLH).
- Ph.D. Candidate, Rehabilitation Sciences, Loma Linda University
- M.A., Communicative Disorders, California State University, Fullerton
- B.A., Communicative Disorders, California State University, Fullerton
- 2004 - Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, #12070419
- 2004 - License in Speech Pathology, State of California, #14178
- Supervise an SLPA?? Worth it or Extra Work – California Speech-Language-Hearing Association Annual Convention - Sacramento, CA – March 2018
- Executive Functioning Impairment Associated with ADHD - Loma Linda Medical Center – April 2017