Brenda Boyd, Ph.D., RT(R)(M)
Clinical Coordinator, Assistant Professor
Brenda Boyd is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Radiation Technology, where she has worked full-time since 2006. She is the Clinical Coordinator for the Medical Radiography program.
Dr. Boyd describes that the best part of her job is connecting with students, and helping them fulfill their dreams. She also enjoys working in faculty governance, student success, service learning, and marketing/recruiting. She views her role as a faculty member as a helper to her students, so they can see and reach their highest best and fulfill their own life calling. Dr. Boyd is convicted that every person has the power to change the world for the good, and she is fulfilled when she can stand beside her students to encourage and motivate them on that journey. As an educator at Loma Linda University Dr. Boyd is committed to helping others, living in wholeness, and living by high values and standards. Dr. Boyd is motivated by the mission, vision, and values of Loma Linda University, which include humility, excellence, justice, integrity, compassion, and wholeness.
- PhD, Leadership, Andrews University, Berrien Springs, MI
- M.A. Organizational Management, University of Phoenix, San Diego, California
- M.S. Health Professions Education, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California
- B.S., Public Relations, Communication, Journalism, Pacific Union College, Angwin, California
- A.S., Medical Radiography, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California
- Certificate, Online Teaching & Learning, California State University East Bay, Hayward, California
- Certificate, Family Counseling, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California
- Certified Radiologic Technologist/Diagnostic Radiologic Technology, California
- Certified Radiologic Technologist/Fluoroscopy, California
- Certified Radiologic Technologist/Mammography, California
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (R)(M)(ARRT)
Posters, Presentations, and Research
- Using The Theory of Planned Behavior as a Predictor Of Radiologic Technologists’ Use of Patient Radiation Protection Best Practices: A Regional Study, Dissertation Defense, November 14, 2013
- Boyd, B. Leadership Renewal and Mission Service, Journal of Applied Christian Leadership, published, February 2014.
- Boyd, B. Legendary Leadership and Legendary Photography: Applying the Metaphor of Photography to Leadership, Journal of Applied Christian Leadership, accepted August 2015
- Boyd, B. Your Radiography Brand: Living the Ethical, Legal, and Communication ARRT Content Specs, ACERT, February 2019
- Boyd, B. Mental Health Crisis on College Campuses, ACERT, January 2018
- Boyd, B. Faculty Engagement vs Student Engagement, Faculty Showcase, LLU, 2014
- Boyd, B. Using the Theory of Planned Behavior as a Predictor of the Radiologic Technologists’ Use of Patient Radiation Protection Best Practices: A Regional Study, ACERT, Las Vegas, Feb 2014.
- Boyd, B. Creating a Learning Culture for Student Success, ACERT, Las Vegas, 2013.
- Pfeiffer, B. Difficult Conversations: Confronting and Handling Criticism, Loma Linda, April 2009.
- Pfeiffer, B. Mentoring for Rad Tech Educators, ACERT, Las Vegas, 2009.
- Pfeiffer, B. Leadership 101 for Educators, ACERT, Las Vegas, 2008.
- Pfeiffer, B. Marketing 101 for Rad Tech Educators, RTEC, San Mateo, 2007.
Professional Poster Sessions
- Boyd, B. Engaging Students in Learning Critical Thinking, Poster Session, 2014 Faculty Development Showcase, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA, February 2014.
- Boyd, B. Factors That Influence Best Practice Behavior Of Radiologic Technologists, Poster Session, 2014 Faculty Development Showcase, LLU, Loma Linda, CA, February 2014.