- Minimum of 90-quarter units (or 60-semester units) academic credit - students transferring from a community college may transfer a maximum of 105-quarter units (or 70-semester units); all other credits must come from a senior college.
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA for all freshman and sophomore coursework from accredited educational institutions; students with a 2.0 – 2.49 GPA may be considered for provisional acceptance
- High school diploma or its equivalent (the GED is required)
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts of all previous undergraduate work sent by each previous institution to LLU
- Complete prerequisites listed below
Domain 1: Religion (8 quarter units)
(Completed during enrollment at LLU)
Domain 2: Arts and humanities (minimum 16 quarter units)
Units must be selected from at least three of the following content areas: civilization/history, art, literature, language, philosophy, religion, or general humanities electives. A minimum of 3 quarter units in an area are required to meet a "content area."
Domain 3: Scientific inquiry and quantitative reasoning (minimum 12 quarter units)
- College algebra or statistics.
- Additional units must be selected from any of the following content areas: biology, chemistry, geology, mathematics, or physics, and one course must include a lab.
Domain 4: Social sciences (minimum 12 quarter units)
- One course (or components integrated into several courses) dealing specifically with issues of human diversity is required.
- Select additional units, as needed, from: anthropology, economics, geography, political science, psychology, and sociology
Domain 5: Written and oral communication (minimum 9 quarter units)
- English composition, complete sequence that meets the baccalaureate degree requirements of a four-year college or university.
- Introduction to computers.
- Oral communication, public speaking, or interpersonal communication.
Domain 6: Health and wellness (minimum 2 quarter units)
- A didactic course in health or nutrition (e.g., personal health, personal nutrition, population health, global health, and community nutrition) minimum of 2 units
- Physical education. Must include at least two separate physical activity courses totaling a minimum of one quarter units.
Some students may need to complete additional elective coursework to bring their overall course unit total to a minimum of 180 quarter units while enrolled at Loma Linda University in order to meet graduation requirements.
For total unit requirements for graduation, see LLU General Education Requirements.
Health-care professional units may apply. Details will be discussed on a case-by-case basis with the program director.
Enrollment Period and Start Date
Online applications are accepted November 1 - September 9.This program begins in September (Fall Quarter) of each year.