Marie DeLange is a full-time faculty member and Program Director for the Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography General Vascular & Cardiac Concentrations. As the Program Director, Marie facilitates the student application and enrollment process; provides student mentoring, course instruction and support in the clinical lab setting. Also maintains all JRCDMS accreditation processes, annual reports and all necessary updates. She has served in this position for over forty years since 1978.
She has held national Board positions; Vice President, AIUM (American Institute in Ultrasound Medicine); several positions including Vice President for SDMS (Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and various positions including Chair of ARDMS, (American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography) our credentialing organization, also various positions on the JRCDMS (Joint Review Commission Diagnostic Medical Sonography). She has published a textbook “OB-GYN Sonography, an Illustrated Review” and also published numerous peer reviewed articles and made many national presentations at Sonography conferences.
She has worked on a wide variety of national committees including writing/updating “guidelines and essentials” for the JRCDMS, writing national board exams on the ARDMS, participating in multiple Program site visits, nationally for the JRCDMS, assisting with developing national professional procedures and policies for the AIUM, and developing study guides for Program with SDMS. She was also elected the first President of SDMS Educational Scholarship Foundation.
Other professional activities include: Editorial Board Member for the SDMS Journal 1984-2010, LLU Committee “Student Success” 2014-2017 and organized the LLUMC Study Group (attended by sonographers in the community), organizing speakers and educational courses 1984-2013.
- B.S. Health Sciences, University of Redlands 1988
- Medical Sonography Course UCLA 1975
- Certificate Ultrasound Program Martin Luther King Hospital 1975
- Associate Science Degree Long Beach City College 1974
- Radiology Technologist Program (RT) St.Mary’s Hospital 1968
- 1974-1975 Completed UCLA Program received ARDMS credentials
- 1969 Completed Rad Tech Program St. Mary’s Hospital, received RT
- Elevated to Fellow status SDMS 1992
- LLU SAHP Service Award 2000
- SDMS Educator of the Year 2004
- AIUM Distinguished Sonographer Award 2006
- Elevated to Fellow AIUM 2007