Michael F. Iorio, Ph.D, MPA, RT(R) (CT) (ARRT) CRT
Program Director, Master of Sciences in Radiation Sciences (MSRS)
Dr. Iorio is a full-time Associate Professor in the Department of Radiation Technology. He joined the faculty in 2006 and has served as the Director of the Radiologist Assistant program, and currently is appointed as the Associate Department Chair. Dr. Iorio has been teaching at the community college and university levels since 2000, and is assigned to teach courses in the Associate Degree in Medical Radiography (ASMR), Bachelor Degree in Radiation Sciences (BSRS), and Master Degree in Radiation Sciences (MSRS) programs. Dr. Iorio’s research areas of interest are student and faculty development, educational equity, student success, and first-generation college students.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Higher Education, Azusa Pacific University (2019)
- Master of Public Administration, California State University San Bernardino (2007)
- Bachelor of Arts in Administration, California State University San Bernardino (2002)
- Associate of Applied Science in Radiologic Technology, Community College of the Air Force (2000)
- Associate of Science in Math/Science, Victor Valley College (1996)
- Program for Educators in the Health Professions, Harvard Macy Institute (2014)
Professional Certifications (Higher Education)
- Doctoral Certificate in Strengths-Oriented Higher Education, Azusa Pacific University (2012)
Professional Certifications (Radiation Sciences)
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Computed Tomography
- California State Certified Radiologic Technologist
- California State Fluoroscopic Permit
- Iorio, M. F. (2019). The differential effects of college experiences in cognitive outcomes among first-generation subpopulations. Journal of Studies in Education, 10(1), 44-64.
- Iorio, M. F. (2019). Perceived gains in cognitive skills among first-generation college students: Differences by race (Doctoral dissertation). ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global (Order No. 13810566).
- Kim, Y. K., Edens, D., Iorio, M. F., Curtis, C. J., & Romero, E. (2015). Cognitive skills development among international students. Journal of International Students, 5(4), 526-540
- Iorio, M. F., & Kim, Y. K. (2018, April). The effects of college experiences on gains in cognitive skills among first-generation students. Roundtable presented at the annual meeting of the American Education Research Association, New York, NY.
- Iorio, M. F., & Kim, Y. K. (2017, August). The role of race/ethnicity in shaping cognitive learning gains among first-generation college students. Roundtable presented at the annual meeting of the American Sociological Association, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Rennick, L. A., Iorio, M. F., & Kim, Y. K. (2015, April). Relationship between student-faculty interaction and college student outcomes: Does the type of faculty interaction matter? Roundtable presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, Chicago, IL.
- Kim, Y. K., Iorio, M. F., Curtis, C., Romero, E., & Edens, D. (2014, April). Cognitive skills development among international students. Roundtable presented at the annual meeting of the American Education Research Association, Philadelphia, PA.
- Iorio, M. F., Kim, Y. K., & Edens, D. (2018). Cognitive outcomes development by race among first-generation students. Poster presentation at the annual meeting of the Association for Institutional Research, Orlando, FL.
- Iorio, M. F., Lavin Williams, K., Pavlovich, S., & Seavey, T. (2014, May). SAHP Faculty development initiative. Presented at the Harvard Macy Institute, Boston, MA