Physician Assistant Admissions
PA Program Brochure
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK COMMUNITY
Competitive Applicant Profile
Current Class Statistics: Class of 2020
|Number of Applicants||919|
|Number of Supplemental Applications*||725|
|Number of Interviews||163|
|*Only those applicants who have completed both a CASPA|
application and a supplemental application are considered for
Preferences for Admission
The following are the groups of applicants who receive preference for admission. Applicants who do not meet these preferences are still considered for admission to the program, and the presence of one or more of these preferences does not guarantee admission to the program. For more information, please see our FAQs page.
- Graduates of Loma Linda University
- Seventh-day Adventists
- Applicants of under-represented populations
- Applicants with a history of meaningful, continuous involvement in community service consistent with the mission and values of Loma Linda University
- Applicants with current or previous documented military service
How to Apply
- Step 1 Apply through CASPA
- Step 2 Request official transcripts be sent to CASPA
- Step 3 Complete a secondary application
- Step 4 Interview (by invitation only)
- Step 5 Admissions decision
- Step 6 Send confirmation and deposit ($500, nonrefundable for accepted students only)
- Step 7 Request an official set of transcripts to be sent to Loma Linda from your previous institutions
(required before registration and only for accepted students)
Dates to Remember
CASPA applications accepted May 1 – October 1, for the school year beginning the following September .
Bachelor’s degree must be completed by December 31 of the year of application.
For 2019 admissions cycle- (for classes beginning September 2020)
- CASPA opens- May 1, 2019
- CASPA deadline- October 1, 2019
- Supplemental application deadline- Must be submitted within 15 days of receipt
- Supporting Documentation deadline- December 15, 2019.
- Priority deadline- August 1, 2019
A maximum of 2 total prerequisite courses may be outstanding at the time of application, with only 1 science prerequisite outstanding. All outstanding prerequisites must be completed by the end of the Spring Quarter of the year of matriculation.
If selected for an interview, applicants will be contacted via telephone to arrange an interview date. Interviews are conducted from October to late February. Every applicant who wishes to be eligible for acceptance into the program must complete the interview process, though not every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be invited to interview.
Where to apply
Prospective students who apply to the Loma Linda University Physician Assistant Program must do so via the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) program. This is a convenient, state-of-the-art, web-based application service. CASPA can be accessed at: http://www.caspaonline.org/.
Apply through CASPA first by clicking the apply now button above.
Once your CASPA application has been processed by CASPA and received by the University, all applicants will be provided with a link to a supplemental application.
The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued status to the Loma Linda University Physician Assistant Program sponsored by Loma Linda University. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards.
Accreditation remains in effect until the program closes or withdraws from the accreditation process or until accreditation is withdrawn for failure to comply with the Standards. The approximate date for the next validation review of the program by the ARC-PA will be March 2027. The review date is contingent upon continued compliance with the Accreditation Standards and ARC-PA policy.