Welcome to the Department of Cardiopulmonary Sciences Research page.
- Gongol B, Sari I, Bryant T, Rosete G, Marin T. AMPK: An Epigenetic Landscape Modulator. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19(10):3238. Published 2018 Oct 19. doi:10.3390/ijms19103238
- Alnashwan, A., Hakamy, A., Gongol, B., Alismail, A., Horn, M.B., & Marin, T.L. (2015). Exhaled Biomarkers of Oxidative Stress and Inflammation in Hookah Smokers: A Public Health Concern.
- Sari I, Casillas P, Dinkfeld T, Alismail A. Sleep Knowledge and Perception of Health Care Professional Students in a Faith Based Health Institution. A38. UNDERSTANDING CARE DELIVERY AND OUTCOMES IN OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEA:A1504-A1504. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2018;197:A1504
- Alismail, A., Nayak, S., Casillas, P., Lopez, D., & Tan, L. (2018). Bronchial Thermoplasty in Severe Asthmatics: Pre and Post Anxiety Levels. Respir Care, 63(Suppl 10), 3022725.
- Alismail, A., Casillas, P., Nayak, S., Lopez, D., & Tan, L. (2018). Post Bronchial Thermoplasty Discharge in Severe Asthmatics. Respir Care, 63(Suppl 10), 3025968.
- Sari, I., Casillas, P., Lopez, D., & Alismail, A. (2018). Healthcare Professional Students Knowledge of Sleep at a Faith Based Institution. Respir Care, 63(Suppl 10), 3022699.
- Biehl, RM; Jegaathan, N; Becerra, B; Lopez, D; Alismail,A. Diagnosing idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in community-based pulmonolary practices: factors influencing approach to diagnosis. CHEST 2020.
- Golchehreh, A; Terry, M; Daher, N; Lopez, D; Alismail, A. Respiratory therapist driven high flow nasal cannula pathway and pediatric intensive care unit admission rates for pediatric acute bronchiolitis patients: a retrospective study. CHEST 2020.
- Golchehreh, Alex1, 3; Terry, Michael1; Daher, Noha4; Lopez, David1; Alismail, Abdullah1, 2. A Respiratory Therapist Driven High Flow Nasal Cannula Protocol: Non-Weight Based Versus Weight-Based For Pediatric Acute Bronchiolitis Patients. Resp Care Conf 2020
Abdullah Alismail, M.S, RRT-NPS, SDS, FCCP
- Research Interest: Prof. Alismail research of interests are: Respiratory Care and pulmonary medicine, Medical Education and Innovation, Cardiopulmonary Science.
- Publications (Google Scholar): Click Here
- Email: email@example.com
David Lopez, Ed.D, RCP, RRT
- Research Interest: Inflammatory process, Higher Education, Neurocognitive Science
- Publication (Google Scholar): Click Here
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Alipoon, MS, RCP, RRT
- Research Interest: Mr. Alipoon conducted and participated in different research studies from clinical, pharmaceutical to educational studies. His current research interest are:
- Clinical Research
- Educational research
- Stanley M. Baldwin, Alan Alipoon, Bud Spearman. A BENCH STUDY TO EVALUATE DRAGER APRV WITH AUTO RELEASE UNDER VARYING COMPLIANCE AND RESISTANCE. AARC 2011
- COMPARISON OF HAND VENTILATORS IN DELIVERING NITRIC OXIDE, Presented at the 53rd International Respiratory Congress, December 1- 4, 2007, Orlando Florida
- RESPIRATORY CARE PRACTITIONER: CODE BLUE PROCESS COORDINATOR IN AN ACADEMIC UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER, Presented at the 52nd International Respiratory Congress, December 11 – 14, 2007, Las Vegas Nevada
- COMPARISON AND EVALUATION OF RESPIRATORY CARE STAFF COMPETENCY FOLLOWING PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT CHANGES, Presented at the 52nd International Respiratory Congress, December 11 – 14, 2006, Las Vegas Nevada
- A PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM TO FACILITATE PRECEPTOR EVALUATION, Presented at the 52nd International Respiratory Congress, December 11 – 14, 2006, Las Vegas Nevada
Laren D Tan, MD, FCCP
Research Interest: Pulmonary
Publications: Click Here
Grants our faculty received
- Project Encompass, an interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary approach to wound care at Loma Linda University: ($250,000); 2017-2018
- This is an interdisciplinary grant where three of our faculty are part of. Our department (EMC Program) will receive approximately $62,500.
- Faculty involved: Abdullah Alismail, Brendan Gongol, Laren Tan, and Traci Marin.
- The use of Augmented Reality Glass in Central Lines and Intubation:
- This is an interdisciplinary project between our department, Loma Linda University Medical Center, La Sierra University.
- Faculty involved: Abdullah Alismail, Laren Tan, Michael Terry.