These questions and answers apply to the School of Allied Health Professions at Loma Linda University. Other schools within our University may have different procedures established.

Admissions related

How do I apply?

You may apply online. See our admissions information for more details.  There is a $60.00 application fee at the time of submission.

Cost of Attendance?

Tuition Costs vary by program.  Please review your program of choice online information including the explore site for financial information.  

Why can't I hand deliver or send in my own transcripts?

It is a University policy to accept official transcripts only directly from the schools you have attended.  Transcripts that are hand delivered or dropped off are deemed unofficial.  Students who send their own transcripts will need to request their previous institutions to resend them on their behalf.

Do you have to have a previous degree to transfer to Loma Linda University School of Allied Health Professions?

Most all of our degree programs require certain college requirements or prerequisites to transfer. Most higher education degrees (bachelor's or higher) do require a previous degree. Look for program requirements on your desired program's web page or check directly with the program for clarification.

Transferring to Loma Linda University

All students attending the School of Allied Health Professions are considered "transfer students" since programs require previous college prerequisites.  Complete our online application once you have chosen an Allied Health Profession to pursue.

How can a student transfer from a professional program at another school to your school?

Contact the department adviser to discuss your transfer

Does a prospective student have to apply to the University and to the School of Allied Health Professions separately?

No. There is one application for both the University and the School of Allied Health Professions. (But the Physician Assistant, Orthotics and Prosthetics, Occupational Therapy Masters, and Entry-level Doctorate in Physical Therapy have alternate application directions.)  Non degree students also have a separate process.

When is the best time to apply?

Apply as early as possible during the programs enrollment period. Contact the department directly after deadline dates for possible extensions. The department can opt to extend dates based on the applicant pool for a specific year. Enrollment Periods & Deadlines

Deferring your acceptance to the next year?

If you are accepted into a program, and you would like to defer your start, you may defer your acceptance to the next year. You will need to send written documentation to your program requesting your application be deferred until the next year. You will need to provide updated contact information during that year so we may contact you.

Are there scholarships or financial aid available?

The school does offer a limited number of scholarships for qualified students within our programs and are awarded based on financial need to accepted students.

Financial aid is available to qualified students through our Office of Financial Aid.

Financial aid is not available for International Students or for some certification programs.

Does Loma Linda University offer weekend or evening classes?

Some programs are designed for working professionals and are taught in the evening. We do not offer weekend courses.

Computer related

Does Loma Linda University offer online courses?

Most of our Allied Health programs include "hands on learning" components. This method of instruction of teaching especially in health care is difficult to replicate online. Courses may institute online learning through our Canvas system currently available to our students. Students must be able to communicate online through email and have applicable computer skills. 

We have several online degree options.

How can I check my  Application Status online?

You can check the status of these items at any time as follows:

Go to
Click on "Application Login."
Click on "Check application status."
Log in with your Login ID and PIN.

Login ID and PIN

Please write down your Login and PIN for future use. If you forget your login, you will need to start a new application and email us to have us delete the first attempt. If you have two open applications you will receive automated updates for both.

Program/School Related

Is Loma Linda University and your programs accredited?

Loma Linda University is accredited by WASC. Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Web site:

The programs are approved by the appropriate accrediting agencies, and graduates are eligible to take the qualifying examinations of the respective state and national licensing or registration bodies and to join the professional organizations.

Do you have to be a Seventh-day Adventist to attend Loma Linda University?

No. Students at Loma Linda University are diverse in their religious beliefs and come from many faiths.  A weekly chapel service is part of the student's experience.  Students who do not have classes on Chapel day are not required to attend.  Chapel is a time for where the entire University Student Body comes together for spiritual reflection.  There are also religion classes within each curriculum and are a requirement for graduation from Loma Linda University.

Does your school offer CEs or continuing education for working professionals?

Yes.  Most of our programs are offered during our homecoming events in April.

Do you have part-time students?

We strive to graduate our students following their programs of study and help them successfully pass board requirements as fast as possible. Sometimes it may become necessary for a student to go to part time due to medical or other life altering issues. Part-time status is granted on a case-by-case basis with permission from the department chair and faculty. Students are not accepted initially part time unless granted by department.

Is Loma Linda University located in a safe area of Southern California?

There are good and bad areas in any community. On campus student housing (i.e... Lindsay and Daniels Hall) are monitored by our  campus security department. The City of Loma Linda is a relatively safe college community but citizens are always cautioned to be vigilant. Check with your desired department for more information on surrounding areas if you plan on living off campus.

Loma Linda is located in a valley region of the Inland Empire and is in an active earthquake zone.  Southern California also experiences wild land fires which have burned in the mountain areas several miles from campus.   Flooding my also occur but is rare.

What housing is available locally?

Students may also opt to live in the surrounding communities. Some students room together or stay with area families.

Students under the age of 21 years who are in undergraduate programs such as nursing, dental hygiene, or allied health professional curricula are required to live on campus unless they are married or living with their parents. A student who desires to live off campus, but who does not meet the necessary qualifications, must file a petition with the dean of student affairs. This should be done well in advance of registration to allow the student adequate time to plan.

Check the Trading Post or the San Bernardino County Sun for more rental and roommate information within our community.  Please check with your program advisor for additional information.

Do you offer open houses or information sessions about your programs?

Yes we do. Our Annual Open House usually takes place each January.  Watch our web site for more information and to RSVP.  Some programs may also have information sessions throughout the year. Inquire with your desired department.  You may also schedule an advising appointment by contacting our SAHP departments and a campus tour by checking our prospective student section at

Can I visit the Loma Linda University campus and set up an appointment with an advisor?

Yes we would love to show you around and tell about your school, but we recommend you call ahead and set up an appointment.


Directions and Google map to our Loma Linda Campus and Nichol Hall the home of the School of Allied Health Professions.

Have Further Questions?