- “To prepare graduates with demonstrated competence in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains of respiratory care practice as performed by registered respiratory therapists (RRTs).”
- “To prepare leaders for the field of respiratory care by including curricular content that includes objectives related to acquisition of skills in one or more of the following: management, education, research, AND/OR advanced clinical practice (which may include an area of clinical specialization)”.
Why Loma Linda University should be your 1st choice in the diverse clinical profession of Respiratory Care:
- You will learn to provide cardiopulmonary care for patients under physician direction at Loma Linda University Health medical centers starting just 4 months from admission
- You will learn under the mentorship of leaders in respiratory care who have pioneered respiratory care development around the world
- You will experience diverse specialties from neonatal to adult care at the regional trauma referral center for ¼ the state of California
- You will experience the hospitals of Loma Linda University Health, inaugurated by the president of the USA & governor of California combined with the support of a leading School of Allied Health Professions in the USA
- You will study with the university rated #1 in the USA for highest average starting salaries for graduates at BS degree level (NY Times Economix, July 20, 2009).
- You could become an alumni of the #1 ranked university in the USA for graduate satisfaction for making the world a better place!
- You could get a job in California, nationwide or in many countries around the world
- You could get involved with humanitarian service opportunities around the world!
Pictured above are members of our Class of 2016 & 2017 joining Los Angeles respiratory therapists (April, 2016),
helping to treat more than 8,000 under insured patients