Must bring proof of current AHA BLS card on the day of class. A proof of current ACLS card if renewing. Candidate must be a health care provider whose activities demand proficiency in ACLS skills. Required manual must be brought on class day. Self-assessment test is required.
- Will be able to recognize and initiate the management of basic arrhythmia recognition and therapeutic management.
- Recognize Ventricular Fibrillation, PEA, Asystole, Stable and Unstable Tachycardia, Atrial Flutter, Atrial Fibrillation, 2nd and 3rd Degree AV Blocks, and Sinus Bradycardia.
- Recognize and initiate early management of peri-arrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome.
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing Basic Life Support care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating AED use.
- Manage cardiac arrest until return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC), termination of resuscitation, or transfer of care.
- Identify and treat ischemic chest pain and expedite the care of patients with acute coronary syndromes.
- Recognize other life-threatening clinical situations, such as stroke, and provide effective initial care and transfer to reduce disability and death.
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance.
Student must provide Certificate of Completion from American Heart Association only. Skills testing must be done within 60 days of completing online testing. Call Life Support Education to schedule testing.
Register a month before class date. Class starts promptly at scheduled times. Anyone late for more than 15 minutes will be asked to re-schedule. Registration closes when classes are full. If registering online, student must bring printed registration confirmation at the day of class.
American Heart Association (AHA) Certificates are provided upon course completion for ACLS, BLS, Heartsaver CPR/AED, Heartsaver First Aid, PALS and PEARS. NRP Certification is provided by American Association of Pediatrics.
A proof of current AHA BLS card must be presented on the day of the following provider courses: ACLS, PALS and PEARS.
|REQUIRED CARDS FOR PROVIDER||REQUIRED CARDS FOR RENEWAL|
Each student must bring required book(s) to class, anyone without their book will not be granted admission and will be rescheduled. Rescheduling fees apply. Books can be purchased at Life Support Education office or online.
A 5 business day notice is required for full Refunds, Cancellations, and Re-scheduling of Classes. If less than 5 business day a $25.00 processing fee applies for ACLS, PALS and NRP classes. A $10.00 processing fee for PEARS, ECG & Pharmacology, BLS, Heartsaver CPR and First Aid. NO REFUNDS for NO SHOWS.
There will be a $25.00 fee for retesting on ACLS, PALS, and NRP and a $10.00 fee for PEARS and BLS. Retesting only after 48 hours of class date.
California Medical Association (CME), California Board of Nursing (CEU), and Inland Counties Emergency Medical Agency (ICEMA) has approved ACLS, PALS, and NRP Provider Courses for 12 units and Renewal Courses for 6 units. PEARS has been approved for 8 CE Units. No CE Units for BLS and First Aid. CME Category 1. CEP No. 100403. California CEP No. 62-0004. Pharmacy.
|ACLS Skills Test||$100.00|
LLU Employee and Student discounts available with a valid ID.