Must bring proof of current AHA BLS card on the day of class. A proof of current ACLS card if renewing. Candidate must be a health care provider whose activities demand proficiency in ACLS skills. Required manual must be brought on class day. Self-assessment/pre-test is required, passcode acls15.
- Will be able to recognize and initiate the management of basic arrhythmia recognition and therapeutic management.
- Recognize Ventricular Fibrillation, PEA, Asystole, Stable and Unstable Tachycardia, Atrial Flutter, Atrial Fibrillation, 2nd and 3rd Degree AV Blocks, and Sinus Bradycardia.
- Recognize and initiate early management of peri-arrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome.
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing Basic Life Support care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating AED use.
- Manage cardiac arrest until return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC), termination of resuscitation, or transfer of care.
- Identify and treat ischemic chest pain and expedite the care of patients with acute coronary syndromes.
- Recognize other life-threatening clinical situations, such as stroke, and provide effective initial care and transfer to reduce disability and death.
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance.
Terms & Conditions
Register as soon as possible before class date. Class starts promptly at scheduled times. Anyone late for more than 15 minutes will be asked to re-schedule. Registration closes when classes are full. If registering online, student must bring printed registration confirmation at the day of class.
American Heart Association (AHA) eCards are provided within 48 hours of course completion for ACLS, BLS, Heartsaver CPR/AED, Heartsaver First Aid, PALS and PEARS. NRP Certification is provided by American Association of Pediatrics.
Required Cards for Updated Courses
ACLS and PALS
Each student must bring required book(s) to class, anyone without their book will not be granted admission and will be rescheduled. Rescheduling fees apply. Books can be purchased at Life Support Education office or online.
California Medical Association (CME), California Board of Nursing (CEU), have approved ACLS and PALS provider courses for 16 units and renewal courses for 8 units. PEARS has been approved for 8 CE Units. No CE Units are available for BLS and First Aid - If your licensing board allows 4 units for BLS courses. CME Category 1. CEP No. 100403. California CEP No. 62-0004.
LLU Employee and Student discounts available with a valid ID.