Wholeness Portfolio courses focus on student development aligned with Loma Linda University’s mission-focused learning environment that fosters transformative learning through the following:
- Emphasis on health and wholeness informed by the Adventist perspective
- Integration of faith as part of the Loma Linda University student experience
- Opportunities to think critically, problem-solve, and reflect
- Analysis of unconscious bias in support of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Engagement with diverse communities through service
Wil Alexander Wholeness Series
The Wil Alexander Wholeness Series is coordinated by the Wholeness Portfolio program and is sponsored by all Loma Linda University schools. This free series offers workshops on subjects related to professional development, personal enrichment, spiritual values, and public awareness. All are welcome and encouraged to attend! View the current schedule and view past workshops online.
Wil Alexander Wholeness Series - "A Certain Kind of Light"
A strong focus of Wholeness Portfolio is Service Learning, defined as a “structured learning experience that combines community engagement with academic preparation, reflection, and ongoing assessment” (LLU Academic Service Learning Committee, 2014). Students complete a specified number of hours serving underserved or disadvantaged communities and reflect on their experiences by addressing prompts in a reflection paper.
Service Learning - “Finding Purpose: Local Service Mission”
Who takes Wholeness Portfolio Courses?
The following SAHP programs are included in SAHP Wholeness Portfolio courses:
- Cardiac Electrophysiology (AS)
- Clinical Laboratory Sciences (BS)
- Communication Science and Disorders (BS)
- Cytotechnology (BS)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
- Post-Professional Doctor of Physical Therapy (PP-DPT)
- Orthotics and Prosthetics (MSOP)
- Radiation Technology (AS)
- Rehabilitation Sciences (PhD)
- Respiratory Therapy (BS, MS)
Other program specific Portfolio courses exist in the following programs: Nutrition and Dietetics, Health Informatics, Information Management and Administration, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapist Assistant, Physician Assistant and Radiation Technology.
Contact the Portfolio office
Nichol Hall, Cottage 80
909-558-1000, ext. 83378