Loma Linda University is pleased to announce that it is joining the online consortium of independent colleges and universities (OCICU) in the summer term of 2020!
What is OCICU?
OCICU is a collaboration of multiple private, faith-based universities to provide online courses that would not otherwise be available to LLU Students. LLU Students will register for these courses through the normal registration process at LLU and receive credit on their LLU transcript! The only difference from a LLU Course is that students will enter the course using the host’s learning management system.
These courses are accelerated semester based courses (8 weeks). Therefore, students should plan to double the normal time required to take a course.
All courses are online and available multiple times a year! See the Course Schedule for availability.
The following is a list of courses that will become available through OCICU:
|Course Type||LLU Domain||Consortium Title|
|Intro Spanish||Domain 1 (Humanities)||Elementary Spanish 1 (4 units)
Elementary Spanish 2 (4 units)
|US History||Domain 1 (Humanities)||US History 1 (4 units)
US History 2 (4 units)
|Literature||Domain 1 (Humanities)||World Literature (4 units)|
|Intro to Philosophy||Domain 1 (Humanities)||Intro to Philosophy (4 units)
Intro to Ethics (4 units)
Philosophy and Culture (4 units)
|Intro to Music||Domain 1 (Humanities)||Music Appreciation (4 units)|
|Art Appreciation||Domain 1 (Humanities)||Art Appreciation (4 units)|
|Math||Domain 2 (Natural Science)||College Algebra (4 units)
Trigonometry (4 units)
|Psychology||Domain 2 (Social Science)||General Psychology (4 units)
Lifespan Development (4 units)
Human Growth and Development (4 units)
Abnormal Psychology (4 units)
|Sociology||Domain 2 (Social Science)||Intro to Sociology (4 units)|
|Anthropology||Domain 2 (Social Science)||Cultural Anthropology (4 units)|
|Economics||Domain 2 (Social Science)||Macroeconomics (4 units)
Microeconomics (4 units)
|English 2||Domain 3 (Communication)||Composition II (4 units)|
|Interpersonal Communication||Domain 3 (Communication)||Interpersonal Communication (4 units)
Intercultural Communication (4 units)
|Intro to Computers||Domain 3 (Communication)||
Computer Systems (4 units)
For questions or general support regarding OCICU courses, please email us at email@example.com
The following are FAQ's and their answers. It should be noted that students seeking to enroll in OCICU courses discuss their options with an advisor. If you need assistance from the GE team, please email us.
- How long is each course? Each course is 8 weeks in length.
- Where do I get the course syllabus or information? Upon registration, you will receive an email from the OCICU system. This email will provide you with a syllabus and other pertinent information such as log-in information and IT support.
- What do I do when I recieve an email from the OCICU System? Read the email carefuly. There will also be a link to log into the OCICU course system. Failure to log-in could result in an automatic drop.
- Are OCICU courses aid eligible? No, OCICU courses are not currently aid eligible.
- How much is each course? Courses are currently $275.00/unit. A 4 unit course would cost $1,100.00.
- Do courses start at the same time as a regular LLU course? As 8-week intensive courses, each will start on a custom date. It is important to pay attention to OCICU term dates.
- Do OCICU courses fill up? On occasion, they will fill-up. If this happens, the LLU GE team will work with you to find an alternate option.
- Are courses offered each quarter? Most courses are offered each term. However, there are limitations based on availability.
- How long do I have to drop a course? You have 6 calendar days from the start of the course to drop with no penalty. After 6 days, you may be subject to a fee.